Sold By Style offers you professional Home Staging & Redesign services in Toronto and surrounding areas, Brampton, Mississauga, Oakville and Milton.
Sold By Style prepares your home for the real estate market by making your home appeal to the widest range of buyers in order to achieve the highest offers, FAST.
To see Before and Afters click here
It is a well known fact that staging sells your home FASTER than homes that are not staged and for MORE MONEY.
Sold By Style works with you and your real estate agent to help prepare you so you know what to expect.
Looking for a Realtor? click here for our list of Preferred Realtors
Preparing Your Home For Sale
Getting your house ready for the market may seem like a daunting task to some of you and the rest of you think that it’s no big deal. You may think your house is great as it is. After all, you bought it right? Not necessarily. Check out the list below to see if your home is ready to compete in the real estate market.
The Rule of thumb is: If you haven’t used it in over a year or you didn’t even know you had it, you probably don’t need it.
- Donate it. There are many organizations that will put your belongings in the hands that really need them.
- Sell it. Garage sales are a great way to get rid of things you don’t need.
- This includes cleaning the house from top to bottom. Too overwhelming? Hire a professional cleaner, window washer and carpet cleaner. This gentle but powerful multi-purpose cleaner does a fantastic job.
- Pack up collectibles, knick-knacks, books, toys, unnecessary electronics, etc.
- Clean out the closets! When you open the closet doors you should be able to see the floor, not junk. Buyers WILL open your closets and drawers.
Pack up personal photographs, family heirlooms, trophies and religious items. Don’t feel like you are denying who you are and what you believe in by doing this. Buyers have a hard time picturing themselves in a space that is littered with another person’s belongings. You want buyers to imagine their own belongings there. Think of a modern upscale hotel room, clean, fresh and welcoming.
A fresh coat of paint will brighten and renew the space.
- Wash walls first to prep.
- Use primer, especially if you are painting a lighter color over a darker one.
- Use drop sheets/cloths.
- Tape off ceiling edges, door frames and baseboards.
Make NECESSARY repairs.
The idea is NOT to spend money on unnecessary things. You will have to judge what is
necessary and what isn’t. A Home Staging professional can assist you in determining what to invest your money in, because it is an investment.
- Replace lightbulbs. Don’t chance having a lightbulb blow on a potential buyer.
- Fix plumbing and electrical issues.
- Remove, nails in the walls that are no longer needed, then patch holes in walls.
- Fix leaky faucets.
- Fix cupboard and closet doors.
These tips mentioned above will give you a good start on how to prepare your house for sale; however, there are secrets that will turn your house into the most sought out house on the block and bring you miles ahead of the competition. For more Home Staging advice, click here.